News, Recent releases of gpvdm:
- Lots of bug fixes.
- More stable time domain code for starting at high light intensities.
- A new backup feature which allows the user to make checkpoints of simulations, then revert to them with one click of the mouse, very useful when trying to understand how a device works.
- Bug fixes in the time domain code and interface.
- Fixes to the analytical DoS window.
- 3D ray tracing of light escaping complex 3D structures.
- Calculation of XYZ, xyz and RGB color as a function of angle and wavelength for OLED simulation.
- A new shapes database, so shapes are loaded from files not defined in code.
- The ability to import microscope images and turn them into 3D height profiles.
- Faster ray tracing.
- Better backwards comparability with older versions.
- Faster OpenGL rendering.
- Faster OpenGL scenes are now built in memory before rendering enabling draggable objects.
- Simulation of micro-lenses on the surfae of OLEDs and solar cells.
- Addition of emission materials database.
- Multiple light emitting layers within one device for simulation of white OLEDs.
- Rewrite of file watch system for stability and speed.
- gpvdm_core can now calculate the observed color of a wavelength spectrum using CIE color spectra.
- Demo files for optical filters, OLEDs, micro lenses, light escape from flat surfaces, and AFM images.
- Bigger new simulation window to showcase the new examples.
- More warnings added to fitting code.
- It will now complain if you try to feed it a non number in a numeric input - implement in core solver so should work for all values.
- Doping window will complain if you do not feed it a number.
- Rewrite of fitting bounds checking so bounds checking is now stored in the fit vars file.
- Simplified fitting interface.
- Old P3HT:PCBM results all added to fit window for the P3HT:PCBM device.
- Contacts in 2D can now have different charge densities on them and types of charge - useful for OFETS and complex structures.
- More warnings added to fitting code.
- Potential divide by zero bug fixed in fitting code.
- Automatic passivation between OFET contacts with no current escaping the boundary.
- This is a really big series updates and introduces major changes to the model.
- The charge density on the boundaries of the device is now associated with the contacts, so for multiple contact devices each contact can have it's own charge density.
- Rewrite of the main 1D newton solver so that the RHS and LHS can both have potential applied to them when doing transients, this enables perovskite devices to be properly simulated in time domain.
- The simulation model drop down box is now a series of icons to make it clear which simulation mode you are in.
- Rectangular shapes can now be introduced into the electrical mesh for etching and contacts.
- Significant bug fixed in the 2D OFET solver, which meant sometimes the current was applied to the wrong contact.
- Re written the defect state model, so that deep trap states can now be included in the DoS.
- The materials database now has over 2,000 materials within it, which are updated from the gpvdm server.
- Rewrite of the opengl interface so that the xyz axis is the same projection as the material coordinates.
- The device length/width limit of 10cm has been removed so that large cells can be simulated.
- Added gui to enable easy editing of objects inserted into the electrical epitaxy.
- Improved importing function.
- Steady state PL spectra calculated from first principles.
- Ability to add new spectra in GUI.
- Ability to import files with , denoting decimal point.
- Rewrite of spectra window.
- Spectra not normalized any more as they are read in.
- Use of real m/Wm-2 in all spectra files.
- Reinstated the languages.
- gpvdm_data build system now works.
- Total rewrite of the Impedance Spectroscopy back end - it's still a work in progress but will improve over time
- Fitting code added, this was quite a major undertaking as it needed a simplex downhill algorithm to be written from scratch.
- Started rewriting the IMPS back end.
- Bug with the progress bar for downloading updates fixed.
- Fixed bug with materials database download.